Vacancy for Programme Officer
PROGRAMME OFFICER (6-MONTH CONTRACT) – PO05173
NGN840,000 gross p.a. (pro-rated – plus performance bonuses to be paid monthly)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Programme Officer will develop and effectively implement Sesor’s intervention programmes in Relief, Rehabilitation and Preparedness in a timely and measurable manner while providing strong reporting to Sesor’s Senior Management and relevant stakeholders (funders etc.) Other duties include:
- Developing Sesor’s programmes involving writing concept notes, budgets etc.
- Researching and writing proposals for grants to fund Sesor’s programmes;
- Interact with Sesor’s beneficiaries and funders/partners to organise needs assessments, relief outreaches etc and clearly articulate these in letters, newsletters, presentations, reports etc as needed
- Work closely with the Operations team to manage logistics as related to programmes
- Consult widely as needed with a range of stakeholders from private, public and development sector
- Work closely with various stakeholders to implement and deliver Sesor
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring Sesor’s Programmes Budget to ensure that it is on track and duly implemented
- Manage and handle all interface with donors and other partners on all programme-related matters
- Contribute to the Programme section of Sesor’s Annual Report
- Contribute to Sesor’s budgeting and planning process as required with respect to Programme issues (develop annual programme plans and budget in keeping with Sesor’s overall strategy)
- Keep up to date with relevant Programme trends and attend relevant training programmes etc.
- Have great writing skills! You’ll be writing lots of concept notes, proposals and reports!
- Be very comfortable with use of Office-MS packages especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the internet.
- Have relevant Programme Management experience
- Be available for occasional travel to other locations in Nigeria
- Have very good organizational and networking skills
- Have a minimum qualification of HND (we are more interested in what you can do than your paper qualifications but we must start somewhere abi?)
*If you speak Hausa, that will be a plus!
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR CV WITH A COVER LETTER STATING WHY YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THE JOB TO INFO@SESORAFRICA.ORG BY SUNDAY MIDNIGHT JUNE 4, 2017.
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR WRITTEN TESTS & INTERVIEWS WHICH WILL BE CONDUCTED ON JUNE 6 & 7. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO START IMMEDIATELY.