FUNDRAISING OFFICER (3-MONTH CONTRACT) – FRO05171
NGN1,200,000 gross p.a. (pro-rated – plus performance bonuses to be paid monthly)
As our Fundraising Officer, you will work with our Executive Director and Board members to raise funds and generate income (through various campaigns, writing grant proposals and other special projects) for Sesor’s work in a transparent and accountable manner. This function is the lifeline of Sesor’s work and as our Special Projects Officer you will be:
- Leading Sesor’s fundraising work with different audiences (individuals, companies, associations, other NGOs, grant-making foundations, bi-lateral and multilateral institutions) using various channels (online, offline etc) to meet fundraising targets
- Proactively seeking funding opportunities for Sesor’s work and developing funding proposals and pitch presentations (in close consultation with Programmes & Communications Team) for different audiences and channels
- Maintaining and regularly update a contacts and prospects database for the organisation with prospects and donor database and develop a prospects follow-up and tracking system including a weekly follow up activities schedule (phone calls, letters, emails etc.)
- Planning and executing donor relationship maintenance/enhancement activities – for e.g. donor appreciation plan, quarterly donor briefings, annual appreciation cocktails etc.
- Tracking donations and issuing receipts and thank you letters for donations received on a weekly basis
- Responsible for overseeing, managing and monitoring Fundraising Budget to ensure that it is on track and duly implemented
- Work closely with Programmes and Communications to produce donor reports and other fundraising communications as needed
- Participate in, and contribute to Sesor’s budgeting/planning process including developing annual fundraising plans and budgets to support our overall strategy
- Manage Sesor’s fundraising budget – including making monthly/weekly cash flow projections in close consultation with the Operations team
- Have great writing skills! You’ll be writing lots of concept notes, proposals and reports!
- Be very comfortable with use of Office-MS packages especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the internet.
- Have good research skills
- Have relevant experience in fundraising
- Have very good organizational and networking skills
- Have a minimum qualification of HND (we are more interested in what you can do than your paper qualifications but we must start somewhere abi?)
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR CV WITH A COVER LETTER STATING WHY YOU THINK YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THE JOB TO INFO@SESORAFRICA.ORG BY SUNDAY MIDNIGHT JUNE 4, 2017.
SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR WRITTEN TESTS & INTERVIEWS WHICH WILL BE CONDUCTED ON JUNE 6 & 7. SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO START IMMEDIATELY.