How much do you know about the situation of internally displaced persons in Nigeria? Read our ‘Did You Know’ list to see how much you know about displacement in Nigeria and what you can do to help!
- Did you know that there are over 2.1 million displaced persons in 13 states across Nigeria recorded as at December 2015 by the International Organization for Migration Data Tracking Matrix? That figure is roughly the entire population of Southern African country, Lesotho.
- Did you know that these 13 states are Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe, Nasarawa, Plateau, Kaduna, Kano, Zamfara, states and Abuja?
- Did you also know that, in addition to the over 80,000 displaced persons in Benue State, there are 8,642 persons displaced as a result of recent farmer-herder conflicts in Agatu, Buruku and six other communities?
- Did you know that over 55% of those displaced are children under 18? That is a whopping figure of over 1 million children DISPLACED. ONE MILLION! Wow!!
- Did you know that only 7.5% of IDPs live in camps while over 92% live in host communities?
Did you know you can take action today to help the displaced by:
- Sharing this information with your friends so they also know!
- Making a cash donation to support our work into our StanbicIBTC 0002888203 or GTB 0170089727
- Making an online donation through http://sesorafrica.org/i-would-like-to-donate/
- Asking your company to fund our latest relief mission headed to Benue State
For more information, email us on email@example.com or call Jasmine on 07058003071